Inspect your Atlanta Home prior to closing
As a home buyer, you should rely upon your real estate agent to have your best interests as a top priority. Jason Lapene Realty agents strive to provide our clients with the best service and customer care possible. Based upon our experience working with numerous buyers, one of the steps in the home buying process that we highly recommend is the order of a home inspection on a property you are preparing to buy.
A home inspection done by a licensed inspector may find unseen issues with the home that might have a major effect on the sales contract or your asking price. Utilizing the home inspection report, we may then negotiate the repair of issues with the seller and/or ask for an allowance or decrease in purchase price to allow for the repair once the home has been sold. Our experienced real estate agents are well-informed in this process and will assist you in finding a home inspector, reviewing the report, and deciding upon an action plan should there be issues with the home needing immediate repair. For more information, contact Jason Lapene Realty at (404) 895-9618 or click here to email us.
A home inspector will carefully look at each of these areas of the home:
• Structural Elements. Such as walls, ceilings, floors, roof, and foundation.
• Exterior Elements. Outside walls, landscaping, grading, elevation, drainage, driveway, fence, sidewalk, fascia, trim, doors, windows, lights, and exterior receptacles.
• Roof and Attic.Framing, ventilation, type of roof construction, flashing, and gutters.
• Plumbing. Drains, waste, and vent pipes. They will also look at toilets, showers, sinks, faucets, and drainage traps.
• HVAC and Interior Systems. Water heaters, furnaces, air conditioning, duct work, chimney, and fireplace.
• Electrical. Wiring, circuit panel, fuses, grounding, exhaust fans, receptacles, ceiling fans, and light fixtures.
• Appliances. Dishwasher, range and oven, built-in microwaves, garbage disposal, and smoke detectors.
• Garage. Slab, walls, ceiling, vents, entry, firewall, garage door, garage openers, lights, receptacles, exterior, windows, and roof.
* Indicates a Required Field.